Make Sunday a Funday while still staying on a track aligned with your healthy diet. All it takes is a few change of ingredients and you can still enjoy the foods you've always loved. Pancakes are definitely one of them for me. But lets talk about the traditional pancake recipe...
Traditional pancakes are high in calorie because of the yolks, oils, and refined ingredients. Not the best way to start your day, right? This recipe is back to the basics with no BS! It offers you protein, quality flour, no refined sugar, no tablespoons of oil, but plenty of flavor and of course a satisfying pancake like any other! Give this recipe a try with real maple syrup and toppings of your favorite fruit to add even more nutrients.
Serves 1 to 2 people
Coconut flour, 3 tbsp
Blueberries, small handful
Egg whites, 4
Cashew milk, 1/4 cup (Any nut milk will do)
Baking powder, 1 tsp
Vanilla extract, a dash
Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp
Sea salt, a pinch
Cooking Spray (for pan)
1. Heat a pan over low to medium heat.
2. Whisk all of the ingredients together, except for the blueberries. You really have to put some wrist work into working with coconut flour to blend it into the mixture.
3. Stir the blueberries into the mixture.
4. Spray the pan with a little cooking spray and get started!
5. Once all the pancakes are cooked, top with a little extra cinnamon, real maple syrup, and fruit of choice.